Filipino youth groups are invited to get involved in the 8th ECOSOC Youth Forum—the largest annual gathering of young people at the United Nations—which will take place from 8 to 9 April 2019 at UN Headquarters in New York.
The Forum serves as a platform for youth leaders, government officials and civil society representatives to address the challenges that today’s generation of young people is facing.
Locally, there are three ways in which youth groups could participate, as follows:
1. Identifying Local Influencers – (Deadline: 25 March)
- Suggest any relevant local influencers with good social media reach who could join the conversation online, by promoting the Forum and issues affecting young people.
- The DGC will produce an Instagram story with several influencers and would also like to include your local influencer.
- The DGC would be happy to discuss and provide more suggestions on the influencers’ engagement, including proposed social media messages, as we move forward.
2. Photo/text on inspiring young people – (Deadline: 29 March)
- The DGC is looking for ways to profile a series of inspiring young people on social media in the run up to the Forum.
- If you have in mind a young person involved in an SDG-related project, please share with us a good photo and a compelling paragraph (200 words max) on their work.
- Ideally, the photo would be of them at work with the community paired with an inspiring short narrative with the paragraph you can provide.
3. Joining the conversation – (Deadline for confirmation: 29 March)
- Tune in and join the conversation online. We will provide the link to the live forum.