The deadline for submission of applications to the Reham Al-Farra (RAF) Memorial Journalists Fellowship Programme has been extended to 8 March 2016. [See the note announcing the extension of the deadline on the RAF Programme website: http://outreach.un.org/raf]
The Programme provides journalists with an opportunity to gain first-hand experience in the work of the United Nations. It is also an opportunity to meet journalists from other countries and exchange ideas with UN communication professionals.
Read more about the RAF Programme to see if you qualify.
Eligible candidates need to submit the following documents:
- Completed Application Form available online: http://outreach.un.org/raf answering ALL questions and providing all requested information.
- Photocopy of the passport
- Photocopy of the diploma or any certificates of professional training or workshop in journalism/broadcasting.
- A reference letter (on letterhead) from the current employer.
- Three samples of his/her work on topics related to the work of the UN (or links to online or audio visual stories)
All the above mentioned documents should be sent to RAF Programme Director, Mr. Zvi Muskal, via e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 8 March 2016.
Selected journalists and broadcasters will spend four weeks at the United Nations Headquarters in New York, from 8 September through 5 October, 2016
Upon completion of the Programme, participants are expected to continue working in journalism or broadcasting and help promote better understanding of the United Nations in their home country.
Applicants must be aged between 22 and 35 and currently employed by a recognized media organisation, with several years of professional experience and oral and written fluency in English. The United Nations will cover the cost of a round trip ticket and a daily subsistence allowance. For further information, please visit http://outreach.un.org/raf.
For any inquiries, please contact: Ms. Teresa L. Debuque, National Information Officer, UN Information Center Manila, at email@example.com, or you may call at: 3367720 to 22.